Tuesday, January 22, 2013

If You Need an Evening Gown...

I am pleased to bring you a very special post today featuring Edressy, an online custom dressmaker that features wedding, prom, and special event gowns.

This just might be one of the most fun product reviews I've ever done -- since I pretty much got to pick out a replica of a red carpet gown (my dress here) from their website, custom sized for my body and in whatever color I wanted!!!

...and if you need an evening gown, Edressy is where you want to get it -- amazing selection of designer mockups at craaaaazy cheap prices, custom fit and custom fabric!!!  Doesn't get much better than that, and my gown just looked like a million.

I chose a gown worn by Anne Hathaway, featuring a gorgeous low bustle and sweeping train, plus beautiful fabric rosette detailing at the sides.  To me, it just screamed 
old-fashioned Hollywood glamour and sophistication.  The original dress was red, but I wanted something a little easier to wear in my non-Hollywood life, so I had the gown made in black.


What I Thought (Positives):

 Not gonna lie, the idea of a "red carpet knockoff" really scared me!!!  I half expected cheap and chintzy fabric, poor construction, disproportionate proportions...everything you'd expect from an evening gown that only has $120 sticker price. 
BUT in the end it was me who had my nylons and stilettos "knocked off"...
I actually was really, really, really pleased with Edressy's take on this designer gown. 
The fabric was thick and lux with an expensive-looking matte finish.  The dress was beautifully structured, including a soft lining, boning in the bodice, and serious volume built into the bustle (which kept its shape through the entire evening).  When my friend was shooting photos at this beautiful old Catholic monastery, a student filmmaker was shooting a movie -- and I got lots of compliments from the production crew.  One of the girls walked up to me and said, "Oh my gosh, you HAVE to want to wear that every day, it's stunning!"  And she was right, I really felt like a movie star :)






What I Thought (Negatives):
Not much to say for this section, since I ended up being thrilled with the quality and construction of the gown.  I did, however, have some issues with fit -- although I put in my custom measurements on the Edressy website, the dress was GIGANTIC at the bust and about an inch too big everywhere else.  I think the extra space kept it from being as sleek and sexy as it ought to have been...and no girl likes a roomy dress adding inches to her frame :(  BUT this would be an easy tailoring problem to fix, and well worth it for a gorgeous evening gown!  The only other criticism I had was the fact that the dress top contained bra cups -- they really didn't fit my boobs and kept the dress from hugging my body in the most flattering way.



<3 Cambria

45 comments:

  1. Hi Cambria, you look like an elegant Old Hollywood movie star, the dress is stunning and its so great to see you in a red carpet look, every girls dream!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos! That dress looks amazing on you, Cambria! As a pageant girl, I definitely appreciate good quality, affordable gowns! Thanks for sharing!

    www.darlingprepster.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful dress!You look just stunning! Love the photos too!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. Um seriously?! How gorgeous are YOU Cambria? You belong in a catalog...love these photos :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! These photos are so beautiful of you - what an amazing gown! Too bad it didn't fit right in the chest - that's hard to find for me.

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails// fawn pendant giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cambria! You look like a movie star. And this dress is absolutely perfect for you. Such old world hollywood glam with a modern "Cambria" twist. I adore this dress and must definitely have to check out this website. Love it. And your hair and makeup- FLAWLESS.


    Clare
    Understated Classics

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at you, you gorgeous girl!! This is perfect for you - you look amazing, simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for your sweet comment - I'm following back now!

    Have a lovely day,
    -Kati

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look beautiful! That is such a fun website that they can do that for you. I'll have to check it out, thanks for sharing the tips!

    I'm excited to follow along!

    michaelandwhitneyweekes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. GORGEOUS DARLING! You look so incredibly classy in these photos--that dress is stunning! I agree, you should wear it every single day. Surely it's not hard to wrangle up students in a ball gown.

    ReplyDelete
  11. you look like a MOVIE STAR Cambria!!! Ok, when are you going to claim your Oscar! This dress looks awesome on you and you're right a little tailoring will fix the chest area. i've been seeing them around the blogosphere and everyone looks great.
    http://www.averysweetblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a stunning dress :)

    Just wish I had more occasions to wear these

    Also, I am holding a Soprano Racerback Tank "GIVEAWAY" on my blog.
    I would love for you to come check it out and enter for a chance to win, as I am picking TWO winners!

    Have a lovely day :)

    xo

    Stylejourneys

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cambria, you look absolutely stunning in this gown! I keep hearing amazing things about eDressy and it makes me wish they were around during my high school days for prom. You pull off this gown beautifully though - just as well as Anne Hathaway! ;)

    JennifHsieh

    ReplyDelete
  14. yes!!! you look like a movie star!! what a fun review and what a perfect backdrop for this dress

    xo Diana

    Dressed Up Alligators

    ReplyDelete
  15. Even if you thought the fit was a bit off, I still think this gown looks gorgeous on you! I would have loved to have had this site in high school where a custom made gown would have been SO cool. It's still really cool I just don't go to such fancy events anymore haha!
    Have a great day!
    xo Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  16. So beautiful!! I heart your blog & thought you would be interested in a giveaway i'm hosting for bluapple (keeps produce fresher longer!) on my blog www.domesticsweetheart.com

    P.S. I'm a new GFC follower!

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW. That dress on you is STUNNING!!!!

    ♥, Jo
    http://www.StyleAt30.com
    {Style + Travel}

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wowza girl, everything from head to toe is stunning here! I love the little curls in your hair, and this is definitely a fabulously wonderful dress. You did a good job of hiding any tailoring flaws, it looks like perfection on you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow, so amazing! You look beautiful and so glamorous! The dress is amazing and I really liked this pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a gorgeous dress! You DO look like a film star xxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. From what I can see through the watermarks, this dress looks beautiful on you. What a knock out design. It doesn't even look like there are any sizing issues. What a wonderful collaboration!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wooow, amazing pictures!Love the dress dear, you look absolutely stunning!
    Kisses.

    http://blogdavicm.blogspot.com.br/

    ReplyDelete
  23. ohhh my gosh, what a fun review! that's so cool you got to get a replica like that, and i must say, you are MADE for gowns! you look so pretty and feminine and graceful :)

    xo Marlen
    Messages on a Napkin

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh that first picture is my fave... you should live in gowns like this (so practical I know) - but you really look stunning!

    OX
    Pearls & Paws

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh wow, you look so gorgeous! These look like they are straight out of a magazine!

    xo, Yi-chia
    Always Maylee

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, you look stunning! I especially love the one where you are crouching down, so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  27. this looks really interesting!! thanks for the comment! sorry its late!!
    xx
    THATGIRLKIP

    ReplyDelete
  28. You look absolutely AMAZING, Cambria!

    xoxo

    nialangleyspeaks.blogspot.com
    www.facebook.com/NiaLangleyOfficial

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is so glamorous and gorgeous on you! Amazing selection...you look beautiful!

    ~Jacy

    www.laviedelenore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. You DO look like a movie star! I love this dress on you Cambria, and I could not tell from the pictures that it was a little too big :) x

    ReplyDelete
  31. You are so, so fabulous. The gown is beautiful; where are you going to wear it? You should just wear it all the time, to the grocery store and everything. :D It's way too pretty to only wear once. You're gorgeous, girl!

    May the force be with you.
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  32. ohmygosh you look so beautiful!!! :) the location for these photos are so perfect with the dress!! such a glamorous dress :)

    katslovefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  33. oooh very very very glamorous (:

    www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh my!!! How amazing! Incredible dress on you. I love it. The poofy backside is what I adore most about it.
    +Victoria+

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous gown!Love it!Amazing photos you got there.Thanks for sharing and keep posting for more.Btw In case you would want some info on how to get rid of facial hair naturally at home, please feel free to visit our site http://www.epicarehome.com

    ReplyDelete

Leave me some love, sweetness, and hugs, darlings!

If you like my style, follow GFC or Bloglovin'...I'm always happy to make new friends <3